Factory Certified Repair Center
Who Do You Trust to Fix Your Electric Motor?
To locate a Koyo Factory Certified Repair Center in your area please click here
• Longstanding experienced shops you can trust and grow with
• Consistent, quality repairs
• Added Value through increased capabilities
• Commitment to continuous improvement and training
• Reduction in downtime!!
Did you know?
According to the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) over half of all electric motor failures
are bearing related. Koyo’s Certified Repair Center Program is geared towards improving a shop’s overall
bearing knowledge and eliminating typical failure modes associated with bearings and electric motor repairs.
Become a Koyo Certified Repair Center Today!!
The program encompasses a 4-step process starting with a comprehensive shop audit by a Koyo representative, leading to a custom designed training class, followed by a certification exam for shop personnel, and lastly, a 2-year check up to make sure certification requirements are still intact.
Based on the results of the initial audit/inspection one of our bearing experts will develop a custom training revolving around the following topics:
• Bearing Basics – Nomenclature & Interchange Information
• Proper Storage & Handling Techniques
• Mounting Procedures
• Lubrication Principles
• Bearing Failure Analysis and Troubleshooting
Benefits of the Program:
• Strengthen customer loyalty/relationships
• Increased quality and consistency of repairs
• Recognition of facility’s capabilities/added value
• Improved technician performance
• Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement
• Reduction in warranty returns
Requirements to Become a Koyo Certified Repair Center:
• Completion of a shop audit resulting in zero major or minor deficiencies
• Shop technicians scoring an 85 or better on a bearing proficiency test covering general bearing knowledge
• Koyo bearing purchases going only through an authorized Koyo distributor
• Recertification every 2 years
For more information on this program including costs to participate please contact your local authorized Koyo Bearing Distributor